Saturday, March 20, 2010

Things you should know about Restaurants

First I should explain :
in a busy restaurant, you might have to wait for your orders to arrive, that's a given.
then there's a possibility of a mix-up :
- where your orders might get sent to another table
- or your orders might gone MIA (waiters forgot to check them in, foodchecker made a mistake and put your order on the bottom of the order pile)
and then there's the I come first I should get my food first complaints where other guest who arrived later than you got his order first = this is because he might order something quick to whip up or the chef happens to cook the same dish for another table so the chef would do 2 dishes at the same time, while your roast beef has to slowly set in the oven.
so we got that clear, right ?

I mean, a space shuttle can go crushing down and killing people and you don't even get that mad !!!
you'd understand, right ?
so try to understand that in a restaurant.... as much as we need to be professional and make guests comfortable, we are also human and we make mistake.
The kitchen is hot and everyone's working hard and under pressure.
then the waiter have to cater every little requests "Can I get a refill please", "I need tomato sauce", clearing up table, taking order, cleaning up your kid's spilled food all over the floor, "I need another tea please" etc etc

I know it sounds one sided and biased
so I'm going to also speak from a guest point of view from my own experiences dining at other people's restaurants
Yes some waiters are annoying and rude and some are smelly ;p
(but they're probably just part timers because the restaurant's short on staff, I can ensure you, no restaurant would want to hire a rude lazy waiter. So please don't judge a restaurant from their waiters.)
and some restaurants do charge super expensive for yucky food
and you can't even get a decent iced lemon tea without sugar and you have to ask them 3 times to finally get it right, they're like robots who are capable of doing 1 thing only !!
and a lot of bla bla bla

My point is, there's always two sides in every story
and the next time an unpleasant thing happened to you in a restaurant, don't jump into conclusion too fast, try to understand first :)

No comments: